Min menu

Pages

latest news

The Truth Under The Well based on Truth Coming Out Of Her Well by Jean-Léon Gérôme !(Street play/skit)Team Renaissance

Character: Truth,Falsehood/Lie,Apple Seller,City dweller 1,2,3


{Guffaws will come from everywhere.
"Truth, I will destroy you, I'll erase your existence."(Guffaws)
A soft quiet and calm sound/tune will come through this loud laughter. The Truth will appear. The Truth will embrace Falsehood/Lie with her own beauty.}

Truth: See, how sunny and bright day! Such a day is a day of freshly one's mind.

Falsehood/Lie:(ignore)Unbearable, nowhere to see, my eyes are hurting. When everywhere will be dark?

Truth: Indeed, without darkness, we can't realize the beauty or importance as you are here. I'm beautiful because of your presence.

Falsehood/Lie: As beautiful as you are, you're humdrum, winded, and uncolored. And look at me, every time I appear with a new beauty breaking the old one. That's why I'm so youthful, shiny, and lucent. Everyone finds flashing in me whereas you're boring and monotonous.

Truth: Perhaps, but beyond that doesn't anyone remember me with a drink in the hand sitting in a shiny and lucent dark? Even doesn't anyone remember after getting each and every acquirement or losing everything behind?

Falsehood/Lie: Surely, surely, why not? Those who want to lead a life like an inanimate thing definitely will remember you. They'll lead their life with you, my friend!

Truth: According to your point of view, you'll find materiality and infirmity where are reality, enormity, and amplitude there. Whirling in the midst of this enormity, he'll never feel left out or frozen. The pursuit of anew form of truth makes humankind more aware and dynamic.

Falsehood/Lie: Stop! Just stop!

Truth: Falsehood may vanish after getting it on time.Because your magic is just for a short time. Once the lie is found, he fades away. Because your surprise is momentary!

Falsehood/Lie: Shut up! Just shut up!

Truth: There is no surprise amazement in truth. There is peace, glory and in the midst of lies, that is, in you, there is burning of fire and reproach!

Falsehood/Lie:(with fierce malice)I will...!
(suddenly loud laughter of Falsehood)
Let's go...not to make a quarrel. Let's go to see the town.

Truth Coming Out Of Her Well by Jean-Léon Gérôme
Source: www.en.wikipedia.org


(Truth and Falsehood will go into the path and on that time an apple seller appears with apples in his hands)

Apple Seller: Sir, sir, sir,sir....take this nutritious and fine apple to home, once you eat,you'll search only for me.

Falsehood/Lie:(with imposed gratitude)Well! Do you have any idea regarding this town?

Apple Seller: Of course, I have! I know each an inch of this lane, dark lane, blind lane, and all.....
You just........
(All on a sudden Falsehood will stop the seller)

Falsehood/Lie: That's that, that may, hey!that's for may...
(Meanwhile, Falsehood will take an apple from the seller's hand and will start eating)
That may see?

Apple Seller: Yes, yes I can see. Ya hmm.....that's a well!

Falsehood/Lie: Is the water of that well clean and drinkable?

Apple Seller: Very clean.So drinkable and...
Oh!my apple, apple...

Falsehood/Lie: Oh! That's right, where is your apple?
Search, search...search very well. This may here, that may...
(Apple Seller whispers and leaves searching apple)

Truth: Why have you done this to him?He's a poor man!

Falsehood/Lie: Oh, let it go, just let it go. Just an apple isn't a big deal to him.

Truth: But...(Falsehood/Lie interrupted)

Falsehood/Lie: Oh come on, let's go to that well.
(Saying such conversation, they will appear near that well)

Falsehood/Lie: See, how clear the water of this well.How nice!

Truth:(A bit suspicion)Let me see a bit, please. Oh, really, yes it is. Any may such clarity and fitness are also caught in your eyes! Really?

Falsehood/Lie:(aside)If I don't have such power to realize, how do I know you then. The play has just begun!

Wow! On this sunny day, my strong desire is to rinse myself with you in this clear water if this well!

Truth: Do you know why I stay with you in a parallel way?Because I want you to leave your path and follow my one. Then people won't distract from their way.

Falsehood/Lie: That talk will be later. We've plenty of time to discuss such thing. Let's complete our bath.

Truth: Let's...

(Truth and Falsehood/Lie put off their clothes beside the well and got into the well.)

Falsehood/Lie: How do you feel truth brother?

Truth: Mesmerizing!

(A very stuffy music.Falsehood/Lie will come out from the well slowly. Fear in the face. Slowly, he goes to the place of the cloth. At first, he wears his clothes. Even, he wears the clothes of Truth. He expresses his joy turning gouged around the well. Then he leaves the place)

Truth: Where are you Falsehood?I'm leaving, you also rise from the water.
(Coming out from that well, she looks and searches around the well for her clothes. But, doesn't find her clothes.)
Why did you do that, why? I didn't do any harm to you, only I just wanted you not to distract anyone, no one is harmed by you!(Exhaustion)
But no, I shouldn't sit like this.I've to find out Falsehood!

(At the time of coming out from the well, she finds herself very shameful as has no clothes on her body. After that, she comes out very slowly.)

(In the street of the town she searches for the Falsehood. Everyone admonishes her as she was naked)

City Dweller 1:This naked should be thrown out of the town.

City Dweller 2:There is no room for such kind of ugly thing in this sound and beautiful environment!

City Dweller 3:Though you are great Truth, you are incompatible in this civilized society. If you want to come to our society,you've to boycott nakedness and must come covering the beauty whoever you are!

Truth: Today, you are rebuking me just seeing the nakedness of mine. You're claiming yourself so much civilized and pure in front of me. But remember, if you don't help me finding my clothes, you will be drowned with an extreme ill lucky future. So please assist me!

(City Dweller everyone raises their voice together.)

City Dweller 1:We don't have time.

City Dweller 2:Todays our rich city stands on our sweat and labor. Whoever you're we don't have time for you.
(Everyone in the same tune!) Yes, we don't have time for you!

(All City Dwellers leaves the place and the Truth vociferates...)

Truth:I'm Truth.I'm the Truth. Listen to me. It was about to happen that every look of Truth is beautiful. But only luster of lies,you're blind despite having your eyes. You can't accept my such appearance.,you must remember from today on you'll know the Truth which lies in the veil of Truth!
And Falsehood! You also listen. Do you think you are powerful immersing me in this well? No matter how much you wanna wipe me. You can never destroy me! Today you've been able to distract everyone. In my persuasion on the day that the crisis of man will be created in this habitable world, when survival will be in the doldrums on that day, the ugly filthy form of man will see. On that day, man will seek only one thing, that is the Truth! The Truth is the truth. There is no destruction of Truth.No transformation of Truth. The Truth is the Truth!

Based on the famous painting Truth Coming Out Of Her Well by Jean-Léon Gérôme in 1896.

This street play had been created and performed by Team Renaissance on street play competition at the event of the 22nd International Convention on Student's Quality Control Circles on 27-30 November 2019 in City Montessori School, Lucknow, India!
Team Renaissance performing The Truth Under The Well
Team Renaissance performing The Truth Under The Well

Comments

2 comments
Post a Comment
  1. I can hear these dialogues with the same tone we used to rehearse!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment